This modular course will cover the essentials of FOAM in Emergency Medicine and explore the main methods of using social media and internet resources to advance the field of Emergency Medicine. The modules will feature the following sessions
1. Dr Ken Milne, a local blogger and podcaster in emergency medicine will start the series with an interactive and entertaining visual session on FOAM-EM (FOAM in Emergency Medicine)
2. Dr Munsif Bhimani will follow with a discussion on why we use FOAM and what the needs are in FOAM-EM for the current group of residents.
3. In this 3rd module we will focus on two short videos on knowledge translation and the world of Twitter and discuss how we can promote the CCFP-EM program Twitter account.
4. In the 4th module we will look at the world of YouTube, Podcasts and Apps. We will discuss how to save and follow websites and podcasts and list some of the useful Podcasts and suggest some newer Podcast apps.
5. In the final module, we will end by referencing a few articles that highlight the importance of scrutiny and awareness in the world of FOAM, and still be critical of material available on FOAM.